Position Title: Outside Sales Representative
Department Name: Sales Department??
Immediate Supervisor: Outside Sales Manager
Position Objective and Responsibility
Main Position Objective:
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for generating sales with existing clients and developing opportunities with new customers. The Outside Sales Representative is required to exercise a high degree of discretion and initiative to develop and close the ?right? clients for ALIANT. In this role the Outside Sales Representative generates leads and solicits new accounts through involvement in various networking groups,?including but not limited to: Chamber of Commerce, local/ regional networking events, business expos and corporate events.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote ALIANT’s brand culture of providing industry-leading customer service?and represent ALIANT?s commitment to excellence and professionalism.
- Establish partnerships and affiliations with local business owners to generate referrals.
- Identify business opportunities from local merchants through cold calling and walk-in visits.
- Scheduling appointments and visiting existing customers to review product needs and determining other opportunities.
- Manage relationships with ALIANT?s bank partners;?educating bankers on how to generate qualified leads and?ensuring said leads are closed.
- Liaise with ALIANT?s established referral sources, handling all forwarded leads.
- Providing product quotes as required.
- Track leads, referral sources, and closed business for reporting to respective partners, in accordance with the terms of their ISO or Referral Agreement.
- Maintain weekly?sales reports for review with Outside Sales Manager.
- Attending Trade Shows and Conferences (if applicable).
- Performing maintenance and updating of customers? accounts including contact names for future sales in the CRM.
- Keeping up to date on new products, services, procedures and tools by attending training and departmental meetings
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor?s Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum 2 years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- ?One year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal?and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- A team player whose leadership skills are creative and can inspire co-workers.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Reading of work related material.
- Requires considerable attention to detail.
- Moderate travel to various locations (customers or company).
Work may be fast paced at times.
The above is intended to describe the major functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this position. It is not intended as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Initiatives for Career Growth:
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, by Stephen Covey
Eight Steps to Better Business Writing, by Michelle Poley
First Things First, by Stephen Covey
Successful Cold Call Selling by Lee Boyan