07 / 10 / 17
Happy Monday! Here at Aliant, we?re ready for another great week of processing payments for our favorite merchants! But first, we?ve rounded up some of the latest news you need to know about in the world of credit card processing and merchant services! Enjoy!
Samsung Pay now supports Discover cards
Discover card shoppers can finally use their credit card with Samsung Pay on their phones ? two years after the credit card company announced that the card would come to the system. Read the full article here.
Venmo reportedly tests a prepaid debit card
Venmo is reportedly testing a prepaid debit card that would enable the company’s mobile app users to pay for goods and services at brick-and-mortar retailers using the funds stored in their Venmo account. Recode based its report on the public feeds of some Venmo employees that showed purchases from Chipotle and Taco Bell. Read the full article here.
Aliant Payment Systems Named Best High Risk Processing Company by topcreditcardprocessors.com for June 2017
We?re excited to share that the leading provider of rankings for merchant service providers, topcreditcardprocessors.com, named Aliant Payment Systems as the best high risk payment processing company for June 2017. Every month thousands of payment processors are put to the test while only the top performing are highlighted within the rankings. Topcreditcardprocessors.com?s rankings highlight the top performing merchant service providers in the United States which assist businesses in high risk industries to obtain merchant accounts for payment processing. Read the full article here.
QVC to Merge With Home Shopping Network in $2.1 Billion Deal
QVC has announced that it has acquired HSN for $2.1 billion. QVC?s parent company, Liberty Interactive Corp., already owned a 38.2 percent stake in HSN?s owner, HSNI, but this deal will give it the remaining 61.8 percent. Read the full article here.
Gamechanging Trends in Payments Technology
Similar to how the smartphone transformed the phone industry and user experience forever, we are seeing modern sleek terminals like Poynt and cryptocurrency applications like BitPay change the way businesses accept payments. Read the full article here.
Fill out the form below to begin your registration process.